This year’s Spring Social & Auction will be held Saturday evening, 6-10PM on April 16, 2016 at Manufacturers’ Golf & Country Club in Fort Washington.
Come enjoy good food and drink, friends, fun and entertainment. Our trio of musicians (see below!) on piano, double bass and vibraphone are not to be missed! Lively bidding will be the order of the day!
Raffle Tickets for the Storybook Ball at the Please Touch Museum
Six tickets are available for the “Storybook Ball” event at the Please Touch Museum on April 17, 4-7PM. The drawing will take place April 12 when the winners will be notified. You have until midnight on Monday, April 11, to make your raffle ticket purchase! Enter the raffle for a chance to win!
Thank You To Our Gold, Silver and Bronze Auction Sponsors!
Diana Shi & Minh Bui
Little Obsessed.com / The Levins
Olesen Wealth Management / Beth Ann & Nick Olesen
The Walsh / Lipschutz Family
Tracy Burzycki & Steve Hiltabiddle
Tai & Ruth Chang
Disha & Darshan Patel
Sean Cook & Sari Hara
Jenn & Kai Aguilar
Laurie & Ed Stulb
Seema & Vinod Khetarpal
Sue & John Zaharchuk
Barrie & Marilyn Miller
Ron & Pat Moore
- Place a Sponsor Message (“ad”) in the Program Book. Respond by April 1 (extended date!).
- Become a Sponsor. Respond by April 1 (extended date!).
- Place a Tribute in the Program Book – honor a family member! Respond by April 1 (extended date!).
- Donate an Auction Item from your favorite shopping place or a service you can’t live without! Respond by April 1.
- Donate a $30+ Bottle of Wine for the ever-popular Wine Arbor. Bring it in to school before April 8 for a receipt.
- Attend the Auction.
- TMS Music Teacher / Percussionist / Steel drummer and Vibraphonist David Sherick has taken his knowledge of percussion and explored many different genres of world music – particularly the music of the Caribbean. In August of 2003, he studied in Cuba with some of the best performers of Cuban music and earned a certificate “Cuban Popular and Folkloric Song, Dance and Music” through AMLA school of music. In addition to Cuban percussion and vibes, David has focused on Steel drums, performing and teaching residencies through Philadelphia based “Musicopia.”
- Bassist / Cellist / Composer and Arranger Dylan Taylor is a veteran mainstay of the greater Philadelphia area Jazz scene. During his busy career Dylan has provided the bottom anchor for name artists such as Lee Konitz, Freddie Hubbard, Mose Allison and Larry Coryell, and taken part in steady Jazz engagements in Center City’s better hotels with pianist Tom Lawton’s trio at the Four Seasons and saxophonist Tony Williams’ quartet at the Ritz-Carlton. In 2013 Taylor’s musical score for the feature film Takao Dancer was premiered at the Tokyo International Film Festival.
- Jazz pianist / Composer and Arranger Mark Kramer began a formal classical musical training at age five on the violin. After a few years, he began improvising on works such as Vivaldi’s Concerto in A minor. As a teenager, Kramer taught himself saxophone, drums, bass and piano. Kramer has come to be accredited with “astonishing” speed and dexterity, as well as having invented a rich harmonic vocabulary and distinctive melodic style. His touch, described by critics as delicate, hearty, and diamond brilliant, clearly defies description. The Philadelphia Jazz Musician’s Alliance has recognized him as the best Philadelphia jazz pianist and leader of the best trio.
All money raised from this event benefits The Montessori School, its educational programs, students and families:
- Keeps tuition costs down and any increases at a minimum
- Subsidizes the high cost of student transportation
- Supports our free STEM Studio for students
- Funds a “Mindfulness” program for students, parents and staff
- Provides professional development opportunities and health care benefits for teachers and staff
- …and much more!
The 2016 Auction Committee: Jennifer Aguilar, Laura Anderson Zhu, Kim Coss, Diana Shi, Kate Schultz