Toddler Program (Ages 18-36 months)
- Children must be 18 months old on the first day of attendance.
- Children must be able to separate from parents within a reasonable amount of time as determined by the teacher, usually within 30 days, depending on the needs of the child.
- Children remain in this class until they are ready for Children’s House.
Children’s House (Ages 3-6 years)
- Children must be 3 years old to be enrolled in this class. Children who turn 3 years old after September 1 will spend four years in the Children’s House level.
- Children entering this level must be toilet trained. Diapers or pull-up diapers are not permitted.
- If a child has previous school/day care experience, copies of transcripts and/or progress reports are required before the child visit will be scheduled.
- Group child visits are scheduled for this level one morning a month in February, March, April.
- After April, applications will be considered on a rolling basis, as enrollment space allows.
- Parents will be notified of the admission decision within one week of the child visit.
- Children must be 5 years old by September 1 to begin the “kindergarten” year.
Elementary: ages 6-9 (Lower Elementary), ages 9-12 (Upper Elementary)
- Children must be 6 years old by September 1 to enter the Lower Elementary level.
- Copies of transcripts from previous school(s) must be received by TMS in order to schedule the school visit.
- An elementary candidate’s visit will be for 1-2 days depending on previous academic experience.
- Parents will be informed of the admission decision and placement within the elementary curriculum within one week of the child visit.
- Final acceptance to TMS is premised on the agreement by parents to their child’s placement in the elementary curriculum.
The Montessori School does not discriminate against an applicant with regard to race, religion, color, or national origin.